Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The sweetness of doing nothing.

The sweetness of doing nothing.  The phrase that has been my working maxim after I decided not to renew my contract with my previous employer. Although the decision was well thought of and the plans were all laid out – I still felt a sense of loss.  A sense of unworthiness…of non-contributing.  But in life we make decisions that totally change the path of our existence.  We may feel ruined inside – but as Liz puts it, ruin is a gift.  Ruin is the road to transformation.   And that road led me to appreciate life better.

When they say life is a box full of surprises...I got mine when I received a phone call for a job interview.  Actually, there were three rounds of interviews and passing each interview was like getting back my confidence.  And the third interview proved to be worth getting it back…and I even got a bonus…a job.

The first day at work was good and it made even better because  my bestfriend Liza and her family treated me to a good buffet dinner at the Marriott Hotel, Resorts World.  The ambience is delectable…the setting is mouth-watering. I held my excitement for a while but could not resist the temptation of taking a bite to their scrumptious prawns…presented in all its shimmering redness.  The dinner was a blast, though it is still comparable to Sofitel’s Spiral.  And a good cup of cappuccino was the best way to end the overindulging.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

"There is no happiness for the person who does not travel. For Indra is the friend of the traveler, therefore wander!" by Brähmann On a personal note, I don't know Brahmann nor Indra, but the lines speak more than they are read. I gave birth to this travel blog, inspite of the fact that there are zillion of travel blogs out there, to share with you all that we can see the world without spending TOO MUCH. This is my Travel-budget-blog.

Followers